4.03.2010

...it's my party...


Do you ever wish for things?

For example, I wish I could...
... be a kid again solely to have rocking birthday parties.
... enjoy the annual, always acceptable, standard yellow-with-chocolate-frosting cake that I've enjoyed since I was five.
... hang crepe paper from the kitchen light fixture and call it "fancy, party decorations".
... wear Pippi Long-stocking pigtails with a party hat.
... tell everyone who I love just how much I love them on a beautiful day like today.
... not have to get one year older and wiser, too so darn fast.
... make this lovely day last forever.

And yet, even when I wish for things so child-like as these every now and again, I still love the fact, plain and simple, that it's my birthday...



... and I've finally broken out of my teens. Hallelujah.



And because it's my birthday, I can do what I want today. It's my day :) Bring on the party, the cake, and the company! Even General Authorities celebrate my birthday with me - perks of having an early-Aprilish birthday, people. Let's just face it, it's true. So. Here's to a wonderful day full of new things around every corner.

:)



1 comment: