8.29.2010

Ready or not, here it comes!

Oh life. :) This is a common phrase the comes out of my mouth, especially on beautiful days like today when the sun is shining and I realize that school begins again soon. Soon as in tomorrow. Time feels like it has FLOWN by this summer, which is actually pretty normal. So many fun things, so little time I guess.

BUUUTTTTTTT... there are a few things of note that need to be pointed out.

- On August 13th, my mom graduated with her Masters degree from Brigham Young University! This is such a huge accomplishment (see previous posts) and my family couldn't be more happy for her, especially Dad. He's the man! For standing by mom and motivating her in the first place to actually apply for college when she didn't know if she could do it is a big ol' task. But, way to go mom for making it the past 7 years and doing it quite successfully I might add! You're an important motivator in my life.

- My sweet sister Kendra had a birthday last week! Happy
birthday sista! I can't believe how big her little ones are getting either.
They are the sweetest girls with pretty dang awesome personalities. Just check out the picture below. Can you see that? M. does the "bug eyes" when she's trying to be goofy, B. will help take care of the babe any chance she can get her hands on her, and H. just is a chub that smiles and laughs ALL the time (sometimes even on command!). They are the joys of my sister and brother-in-law's life and they definitely are a joy in mine as well. Aaaaaannnnndddd I get to see them TODAY! Thank heaven for family parties :) That's all I'm sayin' about that one.

- Last but certainly not least, school is officially going to begin in less than 24 hours. Yes, I still get the nervous bug in my stomach the night before, set out my
clothes, and pack a lunch like I'm in elementary school. Whatever it takes to be on time in the morning man! I'm really Really REALLY glad I chose to come to BYU though. At first, I'll admit, I was terrified because during Fall and Winter semesters it's easy to feel like a teeny spec amid a monster crowd of students. After a while though, it's pretty easy to find your "spot", you know? To click with new people and to make so many great friends has been a real blessing :) Once I passed my freshman year though, it seemed to get a WHOLE lot easier. Thank the heavens above for awesome roommates now. I have the best ones ever. If you don't believe me, you should meet Anne and Torrey. They're great. :)

As usual, life is rollin' along whether or not I think I'm ready for it. I'm stoked to start a new year of school and have a feeling like this is going to be a great one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Courtness-
    Best of luck tomorrow! You'll be great :) Thanks for the new OPI polish, I'm lovin the color so much. Thanks for loving my girls, too. It feels like "crazy town" over here (pretty much all the time) but it's great to share this time in my life with you! love ya sis:) mean it.

    ReplyDelete