Definition: people who are related to one another.
In my case, I've never been more grateful for family as I have been at this point in my life. Yeah, we've always been there for each other through thick and thin, good times and bad times, etc. etc... but I never realized how much I love 'em until just recently.
In my mind, family should be your home team cheering you on even when you feel like you're going to fall flat on your face and don't want to even think about getting up again. When I think about it, my parents are my biggest cheerleaders. I have never seen two people so dedicated to their children's happiness as these two. Everything in their life is focused on making and keeping their family safe, comfortable, and close to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Family is important and for me, consists of people who are only concerned about my happiness.
Are you getting the drift that I love them... just a little?
For me, there is no other feeling like knowing I have a strong foundation for my life because of what I've been taught by my parents in my home growing up. They've shown nothing but love for me my whole life. I think I'm beginning to realize that not everyone else has this kind of situation, which makes me so much more grateful for that which I DO have.
Point being? Never take your family for granted. You never know how vitally important they are to you until your life is pretty muddled and you just need help from the people who know you the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment