3.20.2010

You know you've studied music too long when...

Do you ever hear a door squeak or a chair scrape across the floor and wonder, "what pitch was that?"

Yeah. Didn't think so. So unfortunately as I was studying in a building on campus today, desperately trying to focus on writing a paper, I heard a chair scrape and thought "oh a Major 2nd..." and thought nothing of it.

A little while later, it happened again.

And again.

Little did I realize, that what I was doing was NOT very normal. Identifying intervals because some piece of metal scratched the floor?? Good grief. Look what school is doing to my brain... After only studying music for two short little years my brain is already so used to identifying music concepts that I can't stop doing it. Even after I leave the music building for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this! Totally made my whole day! You're so funny Court!

    ReplyDelete